My Christmas mix this year is a sequel to my 2017 mix, '60s Girls In International Xmas!'. It's another crop of all-1960s, all-female, Christmas and seasonal pop from around the world.
I didn't think I'd have enough quality tunes to fill another mix like this, but luckily I was wrong! I'm happy to have found there really were quite a number of highly enjoyable Christmas tracks cut by many fabulous female artists in the sixties. And what struck me as I was making this mix is that even within such a specific theme, the sounds here span quite a few genres and styles.
I haven't had time to do an annotated tracklist like last time, but there's some crossover with the previous mix, so have a look at that post for some background on some of the more obscure artists here.
The mix illustration of Sheila is once again by the incredibly talented Olivier Coulon, who kindly granted permission to use his art. Make sure you take a look at his work, and support it if you can. More acknowledgments after the tracklist below.
I hope that you enjoy this mix and that if possible, given the difficult year we've all faced, your Christmas is something resembling merry. Perhaps these tunes can at least bring a litte joy ;).
- Emy Jackson - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (1966)
- Mae West - With Love From Me to You (1966)
- Claudine Longet - I Don't Intend To Spend Christmas Without You (1967)
- Toni Stante - Donde esta Santa Claus? (1965)
- Miki Obata - Akahana no tonakai (1967)
- Grace Hong - Jingle Bell (1968)
- Brenda Lee - A Marshmallow World (1964)
- Olivia Newton-John - Christmas Time Down Under (1965)
- Nina & Frederik - Schlafe, Mein Prinzchen (1966)
- Anne Sylvestre - Noël nouvelet (1965)
- Catherine Sauvage - Le Noël des ramasseurs de neige (1964)
- Maria Dolores Pradera - Una pandereta suena (1966)
- Danièle et Michèle - Le Bonhomme de neige (1965)
- Los T.N.T. - Navidades blancas (1965)
- Michèle Richard - Danser autour du sapin vert (1993)
- Ella Fitzgerald - Good Morning Blues (1960)
- Eydie Gormé and the Trio Los Panchos - Navidad y Año Nuevo (1966)
- Los Tres Sudamericanos - Santa claus viene a la ciudad (1967)
- Christie Laume - L'adorable femme des neiges (1967)
- Ernie Djohan - Blue Christmas (1968)
- Naomi And The Boys - An Old Christmas Card (1966)
- Myriam Frances (Sister Irene O'Connor) - The Gift Sublime (1966)
- Claire Aumont - La valse de Noël (1963)
- Katja Ebstein - Wovon träumt ein Weihnachtsbaum im Mai (1969)
- Barbara - Joyeux Noël (1968)
- France Gall - L'hiver est mort (2019)
- Sheila - Long sera l'hiver (1968)
- Joan Baez - Down in Yon Forrest (1966)
- Romina Power - Tu scendi dalle stelle (1969)
- Loretta Lynn - Gift Of The Blues (1966)
- Nancy Sinatra - It's Such a Lonely Time of Year (1968)
- Peggy Lee - The Christmas Waltz (1960)
- The Supremes - Twinkle Twinkle Little Me (1965)
- The Ronettes - Sleigh Ride (1963)
- Judy and The Duets - Christmas With The Beatles (1964)
- Sandra Sanger & The Steps - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (1968)
- Monna Bell - Ya llegó navidad (1966)
- Kim Weston - Wish You A Merry Christmas (1962)
- Kong Ling - The Chipmunk Song (1965)
- The Thunderbirds And Heather - That's Why I Love Each Christmas (1967)
- The Free Design - Close Your Mouth (It's Christmas) (1968)
- Les Milady's - Les anges dans nos campagnes (1967)
- Darlene Love - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) (1963)
- Isabelle Aubret - Savez-vous ce qu'il faut au sapin de Noël? (1969)
- The Johnny Mann Singers - Snow (1968)
- The Lennon Sisters - Lullaby For Christmas Eve (1968)
- A few songs here come from a volume of Jeffrey Glenn's Lost Jukebox compilations entitled Mistletoe Love.
- Several tracks were sourced from wonderful trove of vinyl rips on the blog Madrotter Treasure Hunt.
- The Sandra Sanger track was found here.
- The Myriam Frances track was grabbed from here.
- The Olivia Newton-John was extracted from this clip from the 1965 film Funny Things Happen Down Under.